International Women's Day: How Will you #PressforProgress?
How will you #PressforProgress in 2018?
The International Women's Day 2018 campaign theme is #PressforProgress.
Individually, we're one drop but together we're an ocean. Commit to a "gender parity mindset" via progressive action. Let's all collaborate to accelerate gender parity, so our collective action powers equality worldwide. Choose your action
Select the one area below that you commit to specifically concentrate on to press for progress for gender parity in your own sphere of influence and then make your commitment in the poll below.
I will #PressforProgress and maintain a gender parity mindset...
- question any lack of women's participation
- identify alternatives that are more inclusive
- nominate women for opportunities
- always include and support women
- think "50/50" as the goal
I will #PressforProgress and challenge stereotypes and bias...
- question assumptions about women
- challenge statements that limit women
- always use inclusive language
- work to remove barriers to women's progress
- buy from retailers who position women in positive ways
I will #PressforProgress and forge positive visibility of women...
- identify ways to make women more visible
- extend opportunities to women first
- assume women want opportunities until declined
- select women as spokespeople and leaders
- support visible women
I will #PressforProgress and influence others' beliefs and actions...
- supportively call-out inappropriate behaviour
- campaign for equality in meaningful ways
- lead by example via inclusive actions
- be a role model for equality
- actively contribute to changing the status quo
I will #PressforProgress and celebrate women's achievements...
- believe achievement comes in many forms
- value women's individual and collective success
- ensure credit is given for women's contributions
- celebrate women role models and their journeys
- support awards showcasing women's success